19 February 2021

Sign

 

A friend who is also taking part in this Lent challenge wrote a prayer-poem for today, noting how much easier it would be sometimes if God would give us a simple, clear sign but often life can feel as bewildering as being on a small boat in the middle of the sea with only the sun or moon to guide us.

I can appreciate where she's coming from with that.

With COVID and personal health challenges in the last twelve months, I've often felt a bit despairing, like I'm on unfamiliar and uncharted territory. I can't see the road ahead, sometimes I can't even see the next step, and that's unsettling to say the least.

Another friend recently sent me this verse written by a wise prophet called Isaiah (42:16):

I will lead blind [insert name] down a new path,
guiding them along an unfamiliar way.
I will brighten the darkness before them
and smooth out the road ahead of them.
Yes, I will indeed do these things;
I will not forsake them.

I guess we all feel at the moment like we're being led down a new path and guided in an unfamiliar way. But I'm heartened by this verse - I'm being led and guided. God knows where I'm going and has a map even though I feel lost and bewildered. I can trust Him, knowing that - however it may look at times - He will not forsake me.


2 comments:

  1. I am going to make a note of that verse and use it in prayer. It definitely feels like unchartered territory. God bless Loretta

    ReplyDelete