08 January 2021

Time

 

This New Year I've decided to take part in Five Minute Friday again. It's been a while but I used to join in every week. It involves writing for five minutes without pausing to edit on a given topic.

This week's topic is: time.

With the events of 2020, time has become more precious to me. So many things have changed. 

I was chatting with my practice nurse this afternoon about the fact that now if I want to do something, I do it. I try not to procrastinate. I am too aware that things can change at any moment. One day I could be well, the next not.

I'm not being morbid or negative. But I came face to face with my own mortality last year and it has made me think differently about things.

I love walking and now, if there's a side path I fancy exploring, I go down it. Before, I would have thought, 'Oh, I'd like to explore that at some point, I wonder where it goes.' 

If there's a letter to be written, I write it.

I wonder if actually, I've made life less stressful for myself? I'm now getting on and doing those things that I used to put off indefinitely but which can end up weighing on your mind.

I'm also taking time to give priority to the things I love doing like the aforesaid walking and also reading, baking and watching favourite television series like Downton and Porridge. Spending time with God has become precious rather than a chore. I really want to connect with Him and to hear Him speak to me.

10 comments:

  1. Loved your post today. I'm visiting from FMF. Such practical attitudes we all need to embrace more. May God fill the time spent with Him with His beauty and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, are returning to FMF after a (rather long) hiatus. I think 2020 made a lot of people realize that "now or never" isn't just another quip. So glad to read your post and join you in your journey. FMF#28

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Sue, cheering you on to keep going with FMF and keep writing.

      Delete
  4. Not a downtown girl but love porridge. Watching Good Life I got for Christmas currently in between enjoying the moments just like you. I pray that God will bless you with lots of joyful moments in 2021. God bless visiting from fmf #6 X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Life is also a favourite of mine. Very well-written characters. Bless you x

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the wonderful reminder to live life RIGHT NOW and not wait to do those things we love. We are not promised tomorrow. This is definitely something God has been laying on my heart a lot lately as well.

    Love,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess this virus has really concentrated our minds, eh. Bless you Annie.

      Delete
  6. Living without procrastination is definitely a lot less stressful!

    ReplyDelete