20 February 2021

Remember

 

To anyone who has to take regular medication, they will know it is important to remember to take it.

I don't have a problem with my morning meds but I have one tablet I have to take in an evening and I'd never remember it if I didn't set an alarm on my phone. The downside is that sometimes the alarm goes off - stridently and insistently - when I'm out for my evening walk or run. 

Now I've hit middle age, I also find it useful to write lists of what I'm meant to be doing when. I used to be able to rely on my memory but I frequently now find myself walking into a room and trying to remember what I've gone in there for. Or going upstairs for something, getting distracted and coming down without it.

Jesus knew us very thoroughly when He devised the Lord's Supper as a visual reminder for us to remember Him and what He's done for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment