29 January 2021

Design

 

Today's Five Minute Friday prompt is:  design.

Last weekend it finally snowed here - yay! I love snow so immediately donned my Wonder Woman wellies and waterproofs and headed out for my favourite walk up the hill near us.

I love the sound of the snow squeaking beneath my feet. It's fun to sniff up snowflakes when I breathe in and it's wonderful seeing everything covered in a soft white blanket. The world seems a more peaceful place when it's snowing, and the still whiteness brings beauty and light to the most ugly places.

As I mooched along, I marvelled at how each snowflake is unique. If I could examine each one under a microscope, I'd see amazing and flawless design.

It reminds me of sand on the beach. When the grains are examined under a powerful microscope, each one is beautifully shaped and designed - I believe each one looks like a crown. 

We cannot see these intricate designs with our naked eyes, but we can enjoy and relish the bigger picture. Our God is the most marvellous designer. In the book of Proverbs, it says that 'wisdom was beside Him as a master crafstman' - that's who my Daddy-God is: a master craftsman. 

17 comments:

  1. Lovely reflection! I'm #10 on FMF today. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo. It always amazes me the intricacies that God put in creation the no 2 snowflakes the same. Visiting from fmf #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Wonder Woman wellies" sounds so much better than plain old American "boots"! Our Master Craftsman is definitely marvellous! ~ Cindie, visiting from FMF #30

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, thanks Cindie! Thanks to lockdown and the pandemic, I had to order online and there wasn't much choice. But I do like my bright red and blue wellies!

      Delete
  4. I loved this. The photo is what caught my attention: beautiful white snow. And it is true; no two snowflakes are alike. Just like no two writers are alike. God gives each one of us, who are all given the same word to write about, a unique way of sharing God’s goodness with each other. ❤️Terri
    9. FMF

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture of the beautiful white snow is what caught my eye. It is so pretty and it is true; no two snowflakes are alike. No two writers are exactly alike. We are all given the same word to write about, we all know we are designed and created by God, and we each creatively share the message of God’s goodness in so many different ways. Very nice blog. ❤️Terri 9 FMF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. That's so true, we are all unique.

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely post. He sure is our master craftsman indeed. Blessings.
    Visiting from FMF#5

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow flakes, grains of sand, finger prints...there is an endless list of "little things" that god designs everyday!! Mind blown!

    Barb – FMF#42

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true - and I'd forgotten about fingerprints!

      Delete
  8. This is so true.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Visiting from #35

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely thoughts! I am always in awe to think that each snowflake is unique, and I had opportunity to consider it today as the snow has been falling steadily. God's designs are amazing!

    Visiting from FMF29

    ReplyDelete