15 November 2019

A Secret Garden

This is the first Katie Fforde book I've read. It was light, easy, chick-lit reading. I liked that it wasn't sexed up.

The main characters are Lorna, a middle-aged single woman who works as a gardener, and Philly, who is in her early twenties who runs a plant nursery. Neither are particularly looking for love; Philly is busy with her plants and Lorna has a secret crush on her childhood friend Peter. But Peter is head over heels with new-love Kirstie who he met online and is much younger than him.

As the title suggests, the book is set around a particular garden though it does not appear until well over halfway through the story.

I found it a very gentle read and I generally prefer a bit more substance. I'd like to try another Katie Fforde book before making up my mind about this new-to-me author.

I've given this book 3*.

No comments:

Post a Comment