05 February 2021

Sunrise

 

This week's Five Minute Friday prompt is: sunrise.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a morning person. I struggle to get out of bed in a morning and in that first moment of waking I would gladly forego a planned holiday or day trip in order to stay warm and comfy where I am. Of course, if something is planned I do get up! But I'm definitely not a 'leap out of bed and greet the dawn' person.

I went on holiday with my good friend Elizabeth a few years ago. We were in a beautiful place - facing the beach and sea at the front, fields at the back. We enjoyed several sunsets with one another. 

I was determined to also enjoy a sunrise. So one morning I set my alarm for some unearthly hour and got up. Bleary eyed I made coffee and then sat on a kitchen stool gazing to the east. It was one of those moments. Just me and Jesus enjoying a coffee and His glorious creation together. As the sun appeared on the horizon in all its glory, I had a brief second of really knowing who I am. 

I am made for God. I'm a child of the Most High. I'm passing through here. My Home is with God in Paradise and then in the New Heavens and New Earth He is going to make. 


4 comments:

  1. 'Passing though here, indeed!' Beautiful. I was there, seeing that sunrise alongside you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin. So glad you were encouraged by it.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you. I don't enjoy the waking up part, but the sunrise is a beautiful opportunity.

    ReplyDelete