12 February 2021

Once

 

This week's Five Minute Friday prompt is: once.

Once upon a time, I dreamed of escaping. It was a revelation to realise they were abusive. I didn't understand what narcissism or gaslighting were.... but I was beginning to feel their impact to the full.

Then the memories returned.... And I made my escape. 

Was it worth it?

Yes. Without doubt. But the cost has been high. Loss of so many dear people. 

Once I dreamed about escaping. Now I've done it. 

I realise it only takes a 'once' - a one-time event - to change everything. For good or for bad. Captain Tom once decided to walk up and down his garden to raise money for the NHS and became a national hero. But other 'onces' or one-time events aren't good. A life-changing diagnosis, a heart attack, a rape. It only needs happen once but it changes everything.

I'm glad God the Father once decided to send His Son - His precious Baby - to earth. I'm glad Jesus once agreed with His Father that it was the best way, the only way. I'm thankful He pursues me every day of my life whether or not I want Him to (and I do want Him to right now!) and that because of His determination not to give up on me, I once made the life-changing decision to follow Him. Good things have come of that decision I once made - and greater things will come of it in the future.

6 comments:

  1. His “once” is so awesome! May we thank Him for it over and over.

    Amie, FMF #34

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Joy. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.
    Visiting from FMF#9

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I too am very grateful for Jesus, and that He never gives up on me.
    Visiting from #5

    ReplyDelete